Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flooding In Houma, LA

Well I got to Houma a lot later than I meant to. I passed flooded areas along the way and when I got to Houma I realized that many areas of the city were already flooding. I found my way to my first applicant's house, and the street was flooded. I'm in an SUV right now (A Chrysler Torrent) so I wasn't concerned about driving in it, because it wasn't that deep.

Southwest of Des Alemands...



It WAS a mobile home...



Just dock your boat at the front of the Family Dollar and come on in to shop...



Starting to flood from the backwash of Ike...



By the time I got done with my inspection, the water had risen about 2 inches. I don't know how high it's expected to get, but I heard someone mention waist deep water in places. I'm camped out in my car for the night in the parking lot of the Days Inn (that has no room in the Inn...) They said I could use the restroom during the night if I need to. It's a beautiful night with a lovely breeze. Almost no mosquitoes...

I had Chinese for dinner before parking here. I'll share my two dinner buddies with you...Crawfish and Frog Legs...Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!



Oh, I actually prefer that my food DOESN'T stare at me while I'm eating it! LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just sick. Did you really eat that?

Sandi Bird Aldridge said...

LOL! Yes, but you have to remember, they are like tiny lobsters...you just eat the meat out of the tails! The frog legs I've had before, and they are pretty good...you know, the normal, "tastes like chicken" flavor. :-)